Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Sketchbook Birds

artist: Julia Williford
Just some quick sketches of the same little robin  bird. The wrinkles from the paper are slightly removed by Photoshop. Which reminds me, I really need to work on learning Photoshop.  

artist: Julia Williford
I love the dark lines, and it makes me want to get my ink and brushes out. I usually don't paint in my sketchbook, but this was the only paper around, so wrinkled paper is what you get! 


All of the birds together, sketching in watercolor always makes me happy! Imperfect sketches are key to understanding what you are drawing, working on line quality and developing the gesture. This one was more about lines and the contour. Hope you enjoy and get your brushes out if painting is your thing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment