A little list for keeping cool this Summer with little ones:
- Water, water, water! Turn on the hose, go to the beach, find a mountain river, swim in a pool, go to a water park, find a splash pad. Just find it and watch your kids get happy!
- Keep under the shade. There is nothing like a light summer breeze while sitting under the shade of a tree. Pack a light snack and play with your kids in the grass while the day cools down.
- Find a child proof squirt bottle and let your little one squirt away. This is great for a hot stroller ride or getting in a hot car.
- Make a mini ocean or science experiment. Our son loves to fill up bowls with shells and toss in his ocean animal. Click here to read about the rain activity - The cup has shaving cream, water and dye to represent how rain falls from clouds.
- Fill up a large buckets of water & toss in food from your garden. I don't know why, but my son loves this activity. Plus, it gets that 1st layer of dirt off.
- Drink lots of water and especially make sure your kids do too!
How are you keeping cool this summer? I will keep updating my list to add more ideas or some of your ideas!!